Soils Engineering, Inc.
Construction Materials Testing – Lab Technician
We are looking for an experienced laboratory technician. Soils Engineering, Inc. offers on-going training and the ability to gain valuable career experience and certifications.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all disciplines needed but specifically concrete, masonry, structural steel, post tension and fireproofing. Inspectors will be able to perform routine field and laboratory tests and inspections on construction materials (concrete, soils, masonry, asphaltic concrete, etc.) for the purpose of verifying conformance to construction plans and specifications. We are seeking a highly motivated inspector who is capable of handling complex projects and making competent field decisions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Test and inspect construction materials such as soils, concrete, masonry, and hot mix asphalt, for quality control / quality assurance in laboratory, and construction job sites.
- Other responsibilities will include assisting with maintaining our various accreditation’s, preparing daily reports, documenting test results, assist project managers and engineers with assignments.
- Minimum of one-year construction related experience and interest in learning construction materials testing techniques.
Organizational skills, computer skills, good math skills, and a clean driving record are required. We will teach you how to perform laboratory testing of concrete, soil, asphalt, and other construction materials according to ASTM and AASTHO procedures.
Certifications preferred but not required include:
American Concrete Institute (ACI) – Field Level I – Lab Level I – Strength Testing
NICET Level III and/or ICC certifications in:
Field – Soils / Aggregate – Asphalt
- Must keep required certifications current.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- English speaking, reading and writing required.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Word and Excel preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org